Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Love My Life

I feel so thankful to be living life like I've never lived before. All my life until July 1st 2010, I've always had hours of breathing treatments before I could even think of functioning. Without the meds to open me up, I was useless. Even after taking meds to open up to get the day started, I still had to take more in the evening or else there was no having any kind of life after five. Anyway, it still amazes me how I can breathe now without those meds. I do take a handful of pills at different times throughout the day, but that is too easy compared to life before. I'll soon be 7 months old because my life started over on july 1st. I am so blessed. After months of setbacks I finally feel like I am getting back to my old self. Part of my meds have been discontinued and thanks to that food and drinks are tasting like they should again. I hated eating because nothing tasted good. I lost close to ten pounds when my liver was giving me problems. In addition to food tasting terrible I was also nauseated so I ate even less than normal. Now that my liver is functioning normally again, I can't get enough to eat, lol. I am grateful for my donor and the selfless act they gave in order that others could have a second chance at life. I pray everyday that my friend Kerry will soon get her call. It will come, we have to have patience and trust in God's will. I know that is easier said than done for Kerry since she's the one waiting. I know how she feels and like Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part.

I'm looking forward to going home to MS friday. I won't have to come back till March for my 9 month bronch provided everything continues to finally go in the right direction. Please say a prayer for Kerry that she will get her gift of life by Valentines Day if not before.

More from me later : - )

4 comments:

  1. Yea for your team! I love that you love your life...what a blessing. Drive careful tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you in March and no sooner! Thanks for mentioning me! :) It was good to see/hang with you the tonite! Have a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog! Way to go on the new life!!!

    Stacey @ http://www.confessionscyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete