Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What A Day!

We were supposed to fly out to Durham today for a checkup on Thursday. After getting up at 6am, which I don't do unless I have to, and getting to the airport by 9am to get checked in etc., our flight got delayed. No problem, so we'll be there a little later than planned. Our flight was supposed to leave at 10:49am. It got pushed back to 11:34, then 12:29, then it was cancelled altogether due to aircraft maintenance. Turned out to be a mechanical failure. Thank you airline for cancelling our flight I would hate for the plane to have mechanical failure while we were in the air. So we get the opportunity to change flights without being penalized with a change fee of $150 per ticket only there are no more flights available today. Oh wait, there was one more flight leaving at 6:49pm, but there was only one seat available. Was I supposed to ride in Philip's lap? Anyway, I spent the rest of the afternoon cancelling airline tickets, rental car (which cost a $50 cancellation fee), hotel, and re-scheduling doctor's appts. Pain in the buttocks :) Once I got everything cancelled and rescheduled I got home and took a nice long nap. Maybe next time it will go as planned, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment