Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Season

I hope everyone is having a great (or tolerable) holiday this year. I'm happy to be home, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me. I guess I never got into the Christmas spirit this year. Chronic pain can do that to you. My hips are hurting. I would expect the fractured one to be hurting because it is still healing, but the other hip is hurting too. I'm managing. I just feel like I am a lot older than I actually am. Hopefully when I go back to Duke in January they can give me something to ease the pain on a daily basis without narcotics!

Even though I was complaining above, I am very thankful to be home for Christmas this year. The past two years I was in the hospital and feeling like CF was robbing me of my life again. Our family Christmas was Monday and I was so glad to see my sis, bro, and my baby! It was a fun filled day, especially watching my nephew (my baby) opening his presents. It's always good when we can all get together.

I am thankful to God for giving me a second chance at life. I am always praying for my donor and donor's family. I am grateful that even through all the setbacks I've had, none have involved my lungs much. They are still working great!

I hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas and Have A Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you. You are a strong woman and reading your blog all I could think is "this woman is amazing". I can't imagine the pain you go through on a daily basis but for you to be so strong even when you are hurting then I have no reason to be sitting here complaining with a headache. I will keep you in my prayers and you hang on God has a huge blessing c oming your way. Thank you for helping my day be better.

    ReplyDelete