Friday, July 16, 2010

Changes in Time

I have these brand new lungs and can breathe incredibly well; I hope to get caught up on my rest this weekend. The week coming and all following weeks will be busy busy. It'll be back to rehab next week, in addition to clinic visits. I'll be doing all of that while juggling an iv medicine regimen. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'll make it through. It was a bit of a bummer when I got bombarded with iv meds at the hotel, but they won't last forever. I am most looking forward to getting my strength back and not hurting so much anymore. One day at a time, I know, I tell myself that everyday. Today we want things NOW and this isn't something that is going to happen overnight. To get up in the mornings and not have to be a slave to the nebulizer meds to open up my airways is a wonderful feeling. I don't cough anymore except when I make myself. I'm still making sure I clear the airways so no bugs will settle into my new breathers. It's going to be a whole new life once I get healed up and able to go back home.
I have to thank my donor and donor's family. I can't imagine the hard decisions that have to be made at a time of loss. Please consider being an organ donor. You could be someone's miracle. God Is Great!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going as well as they could possibly be after all you've been through. I barely remember being able to get up and immediately take a shower or eat breakfast. I can just imagine how much you are loving that nebulizer freedom. :) Keep plugging away at that rehab so your body can be as buff as those lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fantastic not to have to get up an hour earlier to get all the treatments done, I love it!

    ReplyDelete