Friday, July 2, 2010

It's a go!! Update from Melissa

She found out this morning that they had a set of lungs that were a possible match. They told her this afternoon that it's a go!! I'm sure those weren't their exact words, but you get the drift. She finally went in to surgery around 4:15 our time. She is still in surgery as I write this. Philip called me with the first update and said that her heart stopped beating while they were putting her under anesthesia. He didn't say anything else for a second so my mind starts going crazy thinking the worst. He then tells me that they were able to revive her and were trying to decide whether or not to proceed with the surgery. The doctor said this was not the way they like to start a surgery, and also that they were not sure if there would be any long term effects on her brain. They did ultimately decide to go on with her surgery. Our parents are on their way now. Jake and I will be leaving on Saturday. I can't wait to see her! So for now we are all praying harder than we've prayed in a while and pleading for God to have his hands in this surgery and to heal her in the way that only he can. Philip is sending text updates to my phone and I'm hoping to get another one any minute now. It's going to be a long night, but God's grace will see us through it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Pam is getting her new lungs today. I am praying that she does well through the surgery and has a straight-forward recovery. You can do it Pam!

    ReplyDelete