Friday, October 29, 2010

Fractures, Rejection, and Home, Oh My!

Well I made it through another surgery with nothing eventful that happened this time, whew! Right now my leg isn't hurting too bad, just a dull ache. Thsnk You Dalaudid, I can barely keep my eyes open,but don't want to sleep. At least the pain is minimal.
One thing that is going to drive me crazy is I can't get out of the bed until tomorrow. You know what that means, a bedpan. Thankfully I'm catherized and hopefully I won't have the urge to need the bedpan for the other, LOL! I have no shame anymore since my transplant :0

Also found out that my last bronch shows mild rejection (A1 is how they classify ie: A1 A2, etc.)which I was told will be treated like the rejection I had last time. Three days of IV steroids then taper down to my regular dose. The preliminary plan is to start the iv steroids on Sunday (cause they want to wait a few days after any surgery). So I'll take dose one on Sun., dose two on Monday, get discharged and take the last dose at the hotel. That is the plan, it doesn't mean that's what will happen. Well, it will give me more to rant/talk about:)

This brings me to the conclusion of my title, going home. Our hopes and plans from the time of transplant were to be able to leave around the first of October. Then it got pushed back to the middle of Oct. Now, it's the middle of November! I'm still hopeful that this time we will be leaving. The Orthopedic docs are saying it won't hold us up. Lets just pray nothing else goes wrong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment