Thursday, October 14, 2010

One More Step Toward Home

Monday I had a dr appt to meet with my surgeon about my wound vac I've been carrying around with me since the beginning of August. In case you don't know, it was for a fluid filled pocket that burst and then wouldn't quit draining. The wound vac helped the place to heal from the inside out and it only took two months!(can you hear the sarcasm.) Well, it is finally healed! No more wound vac, woo hoo! I look at it as one more step to getting back home. The only thing left is my bronch and my dr visit both are at the end of the month. Right now I am dealing with my left leg/groin area. Apparently, I sprained a muscle last week and it has not gotten any better. I skipped rehab several days because of the pain I was in. I have a pronounced limp because of the pain when I walk. I broke down this morning and called my tx coordinator and got an appt with my doc. I got xrays, but haven't heard anything from it yet. She wanted to rule out a fracture because taking steroids makes bones more susceptible to fractures/breaks. I did get some pain meds along with the xray. I took some and even though after taking it the pain didn't really go away, I just really didn't mind it so much, lol. Everytime I get on the right path something else seems to fall apart. I'm still staying hopeful that it isn't anything that is going to keep me from going home soon!!!! I'll keep you posted........

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the wound vac is history. Hate to hear the old "if it isn't one thing, it's another" situation with the leg. Hopefully they figure it out quickly.

    ReplyDelete