Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Week

It's been a good week for me. I will be finished with iv meds as of tonight, woo hoo! I've still got the wound vac on, but I hope to get rid of it Monday when I see the doc again. It is almost healed. Also, when I have my bronch on the 26th if it comes back clear, the doc will take out my hickman (the line in my chest to take iv meds). I'm getting closer to going home. I'm trying not to get too excited because it seems like something always happens. I'm just keeping my faith and looking forward to getting back home! I can't think about what "might" happen. I'm still taking it one day at a time and letting The Lord guide me. :)

I've met some more new people here for their evaluation for lungs. I think back to when I was in their shoes and how far I have come in just 3 months. I think about my donor and their family everyday. It was such a selfless act to give someone else a chance at life. I hope to find out about my donor someday. I have yet to write a letter to the family, but I will. I may never hear from them, but I want them to know how much I appreciate what they did. I feel I wouldn't be here today had I not gotten a lung transplant. I Thank God for His Love and Miracles! God Is Great!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pam, long time no chat. Hope you are doing better so you can go home to Bay Springs, Ms. It has been a tough road for you, it will be worth it after you get all the kinks worked out. It is like the guy in the coffin with the fork in his hand, the best is yet to come!!! Keep up the good work may God continue to Bless You!!

    Ken B

    ReplyDelete