Thursday, September 30, 2010

More Rehab

Yesterday I started my graduate's class at rehab after a three week hiatus. The day after I graduated I had my stomach wrap surgery, then it was dr. appts., then a week in the hospital battling mild rejection (which has been overcome so don't get alarmed). Anyway, I made it back to rehab and it felt good to be back. Now that I'm a graduate I kind of do my own thing. I still have to do the same four stations, but after the floor exercise I can choose which station to go to next instead of being directed by the staff. I like to do the bike, weights, then walk last. It's nice that I can do it that way now. It doesn't take as long either to do the whole day. I guess because I'm not having to wait for one of the staff to be at a station before I can get started or trying to run down my chart to log my progress. I get there at 12 and by 2:30 I'm done. Before it was 12:30-3:30 and that was taking few breaks. I'm working at my same pace, I'm just on my own. I like it that way. It takes me back to the time when I was independent. I'm slowly getting my independence back. Patience, Patience.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're working on a masters degree to me. Glad you can call the shots now. :)

    ReplyDelete