Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's 4:15am Why Am I Awake?

This isn't a trick question, this is what happens when the doc ups the dose of steroids in order to get the fluid off from around the lung. Don't ask me how it does it, it's just supposed to work. I was warned that it might make me wired, but I've been up since 8:30am Tuesday morning and it is now 4:15am Wednesday morning. Good Grief I'm not even close to being drowsy. I'll never keep my eyes open tomorrow, I mean today, lol. I went walking around the unit I'm on at 3:00am. I walked a mile hoping that would tire me out. It only made me hot. I'm pretty sure I'll start getting sleepy soon because it won't be much longer till they start coming in here for labs, vitals, meds, docs, respitory, etc. It won't stop for hours. Thank Goodness I start a taper of the steroid dose after tomorrow or else I will sure enough be a dead head.

Here's a thought: When you are a patient in a hospital have you ever had to share a shower with a big brown roach? Aren't hospital's held to a higher standard of sanitary conditions?
I was showering around midnight and as I was rinsing I happened to look down and there was this huge roach by my foot. It was a good thing it didn't crawl onto my foot or I might have ran out into the hallway naked! I managed to get out without exciting the creature and dried and got dressed. I then opened my door to find someone to come and exterminate it. Luckily, there was a guy sitting at a computer and he asked if I needed something. I was like "yeah, can you come kill this big brown roach in the shower?" He had one confused look on his face for a minute, but then realized I was serious. He grabs a pair of gloves and walks up to the shower and picks the roach up and leaves with it. Ewwwww!! Creepy Crawlies I can't stand! I'll be paranoid now. Doesn't matter anyway I suppose, I'll be awake to see them coming :(

1 comment:

  1. Eeeewwww! Having creepy shower nightmares while you're still awake. So much for the illusion of sterile hospitals. (So glad roaches don't like the West.) Stupid prednisone!

    ReplyDelete