Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Room With A View

After being in Duke hospital for the fifth time since June, I finally got a room with a view. I can see the street in front of the hospital and a great view of the blue sky. It makes it feel more like a hotel room rather than a cell, oh I mean hospital room, lol. Also, the room I'm in is one of the bigger ones. It's not a suite, but it's comfortable. When I was in the hospital last week for my stomach surgery I think they put me in a closet. It was the smallest hospital room I had ever seen.

As far as the fluid around my lung, it's still draining but not as much. It's too soon to know when I may get out. Just have to be patient and let the drain tube do it's thing. I've got to get out of the room today and walk around. One thing about being in the hospital at Duke, they encourage walking. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the fitness center. I graduated over a week ago and haven't been able to go back yet. I've worked hard to build my strength up and I don't want to lose any of it. I'm hoping to be out of the hospital by Tuesday, but hopefully Monday. Love To All!

No comments:

Post a Comment