Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm A Pulmonary Rehab Graduate!!

Woo Hoo! I finished my 23 sessions of rehab today. I will still go to the center until I leave for home, but I will be on my own more without the instructors guiding me what to do next. I'm excited because Philip can go with me too. The only bummer to it all is after my surgery tomorrow I won't be able to lift more than 10lbs with my arms and legs. I've worked my way up to 75lbs on some of the leg exercises. That irritates me because the rehab center said it would be that way for six weeks.

Sooo, EARLY in the morning I have to get up to be at the hospital by 5:30am for the stomach wrap surgery. It isn't scheduled until 7:30am. At least I won't have to wait too long and I'll get to go back to sleep ;) I'm not looking forward to staying in the hospital overnight, but this too shall pass. Then I'll spend a week on a liquid diet. Next I'll slowly ease back into regular food starting out with soft foods. It'll probably take a few weeks for my tummy to get back to normal.

I went to clinic today and everything looks good except I have fluid around my left lung AGAIN. I don't feel like I'm breathing worse, but my PFT's (breathing test) show my numbers have dropped. I feel like it is the fluid. It was actually there last week too and doc said it was a little better this week so she isn't going to do anything for now. I go back to clinic Tues., so I'll find out what she wants to do next.

That's all the news I have for now. I probably won't feel like blogging, so I hope everyone has a Great Weekend. Love To All!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Grad :) Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must feel good to be done the mandatory rehab! Woo hoo!

    You'll do great tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the surgery went well Pam. Thinking of you. Don't worry you'll be back to 75lbs in no time ;)

    Peace,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete