Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Sleepless Night

Thank goodness the last dose of IV steroids is done. I don't know if I could stand many more nights on 3 1/2 hrs sleep. I got some good news today, well potentially good news. I may get to go home today. I got an xray early this morning and am waiting for the doctors to look at it and decide if the chest tube can come out. The fluid has quit draining any significant amount so maybe the tube can go! One less hose to carry around. I still have the wound vac for the fluid leak. It's slowly healing, but last night the wound vac dressing had a blowout and apparently the nurses here don't dress these things very often. The new dressing lasted about two hours and it was leaking again. I ended up trying to patch it myself to no avail, so I just went to bed looking like I had peed my pants =D

After talking with my dr. this morning, it's looking like I will be here till around the first of November instead of mid October like originally planned. It's just minor setbacks. Doc just wants to keep a close eye on the fluid situation to make sure it doesn't come back, AGAIN! I can live with an extra couple weeks.

The second xray looked good so the doc decided I could go home. I finally got out of the hospital about 8pm tonight. I had to wait and take my nightime meds at the hospital because the company that makes the home ivs won't be able to make them up until early in the morning. I'm just glad to be out of the joint. I have another pill to take now in addition to the 25+ I already take everyday. I'm now on high blood pressure meds because of being on such a high dose of prednisone. It will be temporary, just until the steroids are tapered down. What's another pill at this point? Let's just hope the fluid doesn't come back and I can stay on track to go home in November! God Is Great! I am a blessed woman. I will stay as long as it takes. I'm just loving life and Love To All!

No comments:

Post a Comment