Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving with Friends

I didn't get to be home for Thanksgiving this year. This is the first time ever that I haven't been with my family for Thanksgiving. We did have a Thanksgiving meal along with other transplant families in the main dining room of the hotel. It was really nice to be able to spend time with my extended family. I even met a few new transplant patients and their family.
I know everyone is thankful at Thanksgiving, but this year is something special. I am thankful to still be alive. I am thankful for my loving family and friends. I am thankful for my donor and his/her family for giving me a second chance at life.

10 things I'm thankful for:
1. My hubby, Philip, who has taken excellent care of me through all of the transplant process.
2. The new friends I have met since coming to North Carolina.
3. Breathing without O2
4. Being able to walk at least 2 miles and being able to talk during the walk.
5. Understanding my pill regimen and filling my medicine container without my med list, lol.
6. That my lungs are doing great.
7. That I'll be going home soon. (provided nothing else goes wrong)
8. Mama's Home Cooking (I miss it!)
9. My baby dog Diamond (she will be 11 in April, I miss my doggie)
10.To God for His loving mercy he has bestowed upon me.

That is only a small portion of what I have to be thankful for this year. It is still amazing to me to be able to do everyday activities without being exhausted after doing one task and then needing a nap. I've said it many times already, but there is no other way to sum it up. I am truly blessed. God Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment