Wednesday, May 26, 2010

All For Coffee.....

Today I ventured out of my room in search of coffee. I have a need for coffee when I am in the hospital more than when I am at home. I don't know why, it's just something I like when I'm stuck here. I've been trying to get out more to keep my strength up. I figured I could make it to the McDonald's that is located in our hospital. The only problem is, it is located a long way from my room, probably a good quarter mile if measured. I'm pretty stubborn so I decided to head out, just me and my O2 tank. I let my nurse know that I was going out for a bit and to the elevators I went. I got on the elevator and went down to the 1st floor where the main lobby is. That was my first rest stop. Good grief, it'll take an hour to get there at this pace. I sat down, got my breath, let my heart rate slow down, then I was off again, slowly. I made it about halfway there and stopped in the middle of a long hall and did the same thing I had done in the lobby, minus sitting down, and waited to calm down. At this point I'm thinking I should just go back to my room and forget it, but again, I am stubborn so I pushed on. I will not be defeated! I finally made to McDonald's and had to stand back from the order line to catch my breath. I almost wasn't even in the mood for a coffee anymore. I just wanted to lay down and cool off, lol. Well I made it this far, I might as well order it, so I did. I also decided to reward myself with an M&M McFlurry, hee hee. I got my coffee and mcflurry and found a table to enjoy my ice cream. I was thinking about my journey back and was wondering if I could find someone to carry me on their back, back to my room. I decided that was too close of contact with someone so I thought about asking someone to roll me back in a wheelchair, then I said what the heck, I made it down here I can make it back. Slowly, I made it back the way I came with my coffee in hand. I got to my room, sat down, cooled off, and enjoyed that cup of coffee even though it took a lot out of me to get it. Whew! Who knew a cup of coffee could be so darn tiring. I think I need to get a coffee pot for my room and save mcdonald's as a treat that my family brings to me when they visit.

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I just found your blog. I did not know you could write like that. You need to write a book. I am praying for you. I know you will get what you need soon. I love you.
    Shirley Hardy

    ReplyDelete