Saturday, May 8, 2010

VIP Treatment?

As the day wears on I am sitting here contemplating what does someone have to do or be to get VIP service when inpatient in a hospital. I understand there are many people more important than me, but at this hospital I should be considered a VIP patient everytime! I've been trying to get moved to another room since I arrived here Wednesday. I have been complaining about my room being HOT. I have never had a room quite like the sauna this one gets to be as the sun falls in the Western Sky and beams right into my room. I finally got one of the nurses to bring me a fan to help cool it off in here. For anyone who has ever had serious breathing problems knows what I mean when I say "my thermostat is stuck on high". I am always hot so when I'm sick and my breathing is even worse than normal I want to be somewhere COLD. This room is not it! My primary doctor came to see me this evening and checked to see about changing rooms (since there is no word on when I'll be getting out of here). Turns out, there are empty rooms on my floor, but no rooms "available" because there is a VIP on this floor. WTHeck? As many years as I have had to come up here to the doctor, stayed in the hospital, and how much money has this place made from my insurance companies over the years? Oh yeah, I think I should be considered a VIP. Can someone please block off the rooms around me so I won't be disturbed, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment