Sunday, May 30, 2010

SOB - It doesn't stand for what you think ; )

I am still short of breath. After the incident Friday ( see post below), I can't seem to get my air back. I haven't had anymore panic attacks, but I am still tethered to the short O2 hose so I can't leave the bed much. I've had to wear the O2 face mask also. It helps me to get higher liters of O2 without drying my sinuses out so much. I can't stay on it too long though because I am what you call a CO2 retainer. That is, I breathe in oxygen and expel carbon dioxide like everyone else does, but with my crappy lungs I'm not able to expel the CO2 like a normal person. Mine builds up in my body and if it gets too high it can kill a person, so it is a delicate balance of O2 mask and O2 canula. I'm trying to stay positive, but sometimes this disease just makes me so damn mad! I was feeling really good and hoping to maybe go home for a while next week, but now I don't know what the outcome is going to be. Just Breathe!!!

1 comment:

  1. Do they give you a hydration bottle when you're using the O2? That helps a bit with the dryness. I know you're probably on isolation, but maybe you could walk the halls a bit to keep moving. Hope you get the air you need soon!

    ReplyDelete