Saturday, May 22, 2010

Must Get Out!!

Well I've been sitting in the hospital room for over two weeks now. I finally got one of my doctor's to approve me getting a portable O2 tank so I could get out of this room! I am in isolation because of the crud in my lungs being resistant to most all meds. It is contact isolation so no one needs a mask. It is only if you come into direct contact with me, so people wears gowns and gloves only. I'm not going outside my room to spit on people, come on?! It felt good to get out of the room over the weekend. It felt kind of strange, but maybe that was because I wasn't used to walking any amount of distance. I had some adjusting to do. I was weak and tired. How am I actually improving my lungs with only antibiotics if I'm not exercising them also? I'm going to make a point to get out everyday now and at least make a loop around the wing I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment