Monday, May 31, 2010

Oh These Crappy Lungs

Today ended up better than it started. Before I even got out of bed this morning, I could tell I was already going to be short of breath again today. Great, I was hoping to have a better day. I got up and did my normal morning routine, made it to the chair by the bed and my O2 saturation decides to drop and I start to panic so here we go. I called my mom to "do something", she says "what do you want me to do" I said "call somebody". Okay, nurses and respirtory get in there and get me calmed down and my O2 back up by blasting me with O2 using the face mask instead of the nose prong. Whew, I made it through another one, but it shot my nerves! I was edgy the rest of the day and had to keep a close eye on my O2 so late in the afternoon I decided I wanted something for my nerves and the headache and the pain in my back from being tensed up all day. After waiting a good hour, I finally got the meds and another hour later I was feeling relaxed. My breathing was deeper and I felt better, finally. Just another day with crappy lungs. Gosh I hope this isn't going to be something I have to deal with daily. I've never been one to like taking pills that alter my mind, but in this situation I'll take whatever I can to get me through this ordeal. I'll deal with rehab once I can breathe again, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment