Friday, May 7, 2010

My World Today

Well I have managed to stay out of the hospital for two months now, but my luck ran out Wednesday, the 5th. It's no surprise. I don't even fight my doctor on the subject anymore. When I was healthier and working I would refuse to come into the hospital. I would take IV's at home and take them to work with me, no problem. Now, I'm just thankful to be able to get dressed everyday without losing my breath.

I remember when I was younger and in the hospital I would get so angry and hostile with the staff in the hospital when I was inpatient, the number one reason being sleep disturbance. Now that I am older and have spent much more time in the hospital the past 8 months than I used to spend in as many YEARS, it has become quite comical to me. I know us CFers have all experienced it to some degree at some point, but last nite was the nite that would never end. I went to bed at 12, which is my normal time even at home. At 1:30 am I had an iv antibiotic given to me, no problem, didn't have to be disturbed too much. Then at 2:30 I was awaken to do a breathing treatment. Come on, I'm breathing fine without it. If I take a breathing treatment in the middle of the night then I start coughing and can't go back to sleep! Then at 3 am the nurse returns and starts another iv antibiotic. To top that one off, the nurse also had to draw blood to check the levels on one of my meds. At some time in between all of the other in and outsI know someone came in and checked my vitals. Lets see, around 5 the resident doc stuck his head in the door to get a report for the big dog (doctor) that comes around later with the whole team of little ducklings (interns) following behind him, lol. I did get served breakfast early today. I didn't even know when they brought it in, it was on my tray when I got up at 7:30 am.
{{Yawn}} I think I'll try to get a nap before everyone starts working their way back down the hall again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pam! I'm glad you're listed now! I know how difficult is it waiting for the call, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete