Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Wanna Go Home


Tomorrow will be my 8th week post transplant. I'm doing great physically, but mentally I am missing home soooo bad. I know I'm on the downhill slide from here, but you know how you feel after being sick and you start to feel back to normal? I feel better than normal. I'm feeling good and am ready to get back to my life! I like Durham, but even if we were here on vacation I would have been ready to go home long before now, lol!

Another bummer to my phychie is the fact that I am still on IV's and two different nebulizer treatments. The fun part is that I get to wear a mask instead of the mouthpiece so I can inhale it through my nose, ha ha, not fun. My sinuses are where the "bugs" are now, but thank the Lord my lungs are clear. Got to keep the bugs out of the lungs!!! Must get rid of them!!The picture above shows me with my combat gear. I just had grand visions before tx that afterward I wouldn't have to worry with iv's and nebulizers every day! I know some people have to use them for a month or so after tx, but mine is going till October 1st. I know that for sure. The one phrase I repeat to myself when I get in this mood is, "I Can Breathe!" That is always the main concern.....Love To All

3 comments:

  1. Love your attitude cuz I would be super disappointed too to have the silly nebs still hanging around. Hope you get outta Dodge ..um Durham soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay pictures! I still have to upload the ones we took earlier this week. You'll get home, just takes more time and patience! I hate being patient

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray, your picture looks great. You sure look super for someone that has gone through so much. You are such a fighter for life. You inspire me so much for little Bella. Keep breathing!

    ReplyDelete