Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little Problems, Big Blessings

This week has been great! I have felt better than I have felt in YEARS! I may have never felt this good actually, lol. My rehab sessions are finally starting to show results. I have more energy and am stronger. It's about time. After tx, we have to finish 23 rehab sessions before we will be discharged. I have completed 15 of the 23. This is an awesome accomplishment because I'm over halfway there, except I won't get to go tomorrow because of a scheduled Bronch and Thorocentesis(sp). Monday I won't get to go to rehab because of two doctor appointments. Of course one of those appointments I'm looking forward to because I hope to find a solution to the fluid pocket that won't quit draining. Tuesday, no rehab, I have clinic which takes most all day. Wednesday, no rehab, I have a test to do that takes about four hours, which fringes into the rehab session. The four hour test consist of me eating eggs with a tiny bit of radioactive dye in them so they can see how fast my stomach empties. I'll eat the eggs then wait. They will check my progress every hour to hour and a half. Overall it'll take about four hours. One last doctor I'll have to see is the GI doc. He will be the one to decide if I have to have the Nissen stomach wrap surgery to prevent acid reflux. This will be a laproscopic surgery and I'll have to stay in the hospital about three days. I don't know if I'll have to have this surgery or not, but most likely I will. One of the previous tests showed I have acid reflux, soooo I'll likely have the surgery, dang! Oh well, I won't let any of this discourage me. I am feeling great and my new lungs are working great. With all the little things that have gone wrong and other problems that will have to be addressed (stomach wrap), I am still so Thankful to God that I have been given this precious gift of life.

2 comments:

  1. MMM radioactive eggs...yummy. So glad you're feeling awesome Pam. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling good. I remember that feeling all too well!! 15 sessions completed is awesome!!!!!! Good luck with all of your appointments next week. :)

    ReplyDelete