Monday, August 23, 2010

Dang! Didn't Want To Hear That

Today started out good until I met with the two dr.s I had appointments with. The infectious disease dr. discussed with me the 2 or 3 funguses and a virus I had right after tx and the plan from this point to keep them most of from coming back. As of now, I only have my usual pseudomonas in my sinuses, but I also have one fungus growing in my sinuses too. It's no big deal right now. My concern is when the dr. stops the meds they are giving me to keep the "bugs" away are they going to come back? One of the fungus is resistant to everything, but seems to respond to two of the meds I'm taking. This fungus I found out today can potentially be fatal. The dr. said she wants me to stay on all meds that I'm currently on until Oct. 1st., then we'll see about safely taking me off of them. Meaning because my immune system is nill, I am at my most vulnerable right now as far as catching things or things that were in my body that were dormant might decide to come alive again without the iv meds.
The appointment with the second dr. was my tx surgeon. He looked at my fluid pocket, but didn't do anything new that hasn't already been done. The flow of fluid seems to have FINALLY slowed down. He just repacked it and wants me to return in two weeks. Ugh! This means I'll have to wear the vacuum pump till then. Now I know what a "monkey on my back" feels like. Annoying!

I'm not going to get discouraged. I'm still blessed to be here. I am thankful everyday when I can get out of bed and not have to go to the nebulizer to take a broncho dialator and wear my Vest before I can even begin to function. I am thankful that I can walk and talk, walk two miles without having to stop to catch my breath, to not cough anymore, to shower and get dressed to go out without losing my breath. I am most thankful to God for guiding me in making the right decisions in my tx journey. I am thankful for many more little things, but I am truly grateful and thankful to the person that selflessly decided to donate their organs so that others may live. I will one day write a letter to the donor's family and hope to hear back from them someday.

As far as the little problems, I'm taking them a day at a time. My lungs are doing awesome still and that is the main priority. Love To All!

2 comments:

  1. Triple dang! I managed to kill a big fungus ball inside of my right lung--you can too! Take it to the fungus cyster--make it pay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing well! Praying for you. My cousin & aunt & uncle live in raleigh, nc. If you need anything, please let me know so I can relate that need to them and maybe they can help you out. Stay strong, girl!

    ReplyDelete