Monday, August 30, 2010

Keep Thinking Positive Thoughts

I haven't had anything really interesting to post lately. I've just been going through the motions, dr appts., rehab, grocery store, etc. same ole same ole. Well, this past Saturday me and hubby decided we were going to go to the movies Sunday afternoon (when there are less people in order to avoid a crowded theatre). Great Idea! I was looking forward to it. At 7:30 Sunday morning the front desk called, but I didn't answer. I checked the message when I got up about 9:00 that informed me I needed to contact the front desk. Turned out my car had gotten broken into early Sunday morning about 4am. They broke out the front passenger window and stole the Gps. They also rummaged through the glove box and the console, but didn't get anything else, thankfully. I've had an experience as a child with our car getting stolen and I'm very thankful they weren't interested in Grand Larceny. We weren't the only vehicle that was hit. There were three others in the appt. complex and one in the hotel right beside this place. They only took the Gps from each vehicle. It won't happen again! We bought another Gps and it will go inside when we go inside, whether it be at home, the mall, the grocery store, walmart, whereever! It won't be left in the car for sure. Luckily we are located close to an automotive shop that is going to have a replacement window tomorrow morning. About the movie, I wasn't in the mood after seeing my car violated and dealing with the police and filing a report. We ended up going to walmart for a gps and groceries, then hung out in the apt. the rest of the day. Bummer of a day, but it could be worse!

On another note, I enjoyed having dinner with my transplant family this evening. Three nights a week the apt. serves dinner and we all get together and have a great social. It's great having people to talk to that know what you are talking about and are going through. I also went today to see the doctor that is going to be doing my stomach wrap or Nissen Wrap. This is a surgery Duke is doing based on research that shows people with acid reflux could easily aspirate into their new lungs causing rejection. This surgery will prevent that from happening. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm ready to get it over with. Surgery is scheduled for Friday. One more step on the road to getting back home!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was horrified to hear about the break ins. Sucks! But glad your surgery got moved up so you can get outta there quicker! Loved the transplant family meal time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEy, our GPS was stolen out of our car too, but they didn't break the glass or anything. We don't leave our GPS in the car anymore, and we had to buy a new one also. Glad you are feeling well! This is Steph, by the way, and we are STILL waiting.

    ReplyDelete