Friday, August 6, 2010

What A Weekend

This isn't a happy post because I am in the hospital as I type this. After all my running around this week (see previous post) I still end up in the joint. I have a fluid filled pocket on my right groin area. The reason it's there is because my heart stopped when they put me under anethesia so they had to do some kind of catheter in my groin up to my heart to get it beating again. Thank goodness it was successful. The dr. explained that possibly one of the lymph vessels got cut during the catherter placement and instead of it repairing itself, it decided to fill the space from the inscision with fluid. It didn't drain for quite a while, then Wednedsay is started draining out, bad! I went to the clinic and they put guaze and tape over it and I went on my way. The next day, I went to drain it down again and it ruputured and fluid sprayed across the floor. It's nasty I know, but it shocked me. It didn't hurt, thankfully. Well, I had more appts. on Friday so I showed it to the dr. and that's when they decided I needed to be admitted. One dr said surgery and the other wanted to try this vacuum machine that keeps the pocket compressed and any fluid will be drained out. The bad news is, it could take up to a couple weeks for it to work and if it doesn't work then I'll have to have surgery anyway. Geez! I can't get a break, but I'm thankful that my lungs are doing great! I can deal with the minor problems as long as my breathers are doing good. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment