Monday, August 16, 2010

Still Here

I guess you are all wondering what's been going on with me. Since getting out of the hospital, nothing exciting has been happening. Well, maybe that isn't exactly true. I had fluid around my left lung and had to have a thorocentisis(sp.) which is a procedure where they put a catheter in your back and drain the fluid out. This is done with a local aesthetic to numb the area which made me a little nervous, but it wasn't as bad as getting a picc line in my opinion. Lets see, I had to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor to make sure there wasn't anything unusual going on in there. Luckily everything was good. I also have had to deal with the nurse coming three times a week to change the dressing on the fluid pocket. Don't get me wrong I like my nurse, she's awesome! As far as everything with my body, my lungs are doing great! I've finally been able to go to the fitness center consecutively and I can feel myself getting stronger. That's about all that's been going on, except for the weekly clinic visits. I feel blessed everyday that I wake up and can breathe without oxygen and being a slave to the nebulizers. I have not been discouraged about the setbacks I have encountered. It is just bumps in the road of my journey. I'll be back soon with an update from my latest clinic visit this week to find out if anything has changed with me. Love To All!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are making the best of what comes your way. It sure would be awesome if a transplant fixed "everything" and right away too. :) Hope all your changes are good ones!

    ReplyDelete