Friday, August 6, 2010

What A Week!

TGIF! This week has been sooo busy. Let me recap, Monday was my first Bronchoscopy. This is where they sedate you and run a camera up your nose or through your mouth into your lungs and they take a biopsy of the lungs to check for rejection. Afterwards, I couldn't go to rehab because of the sedation. Tuesday as you can read from my previous post, was clinic day. On top of medication adjustments, I have fluid aroung my lungs, and I have a fluid filled pocket on my groin that I have had since I got out of the hospital and will probably have to have a drain tube put in to make it go away and stay away. I also had to have a CT scan of my sinuses on Tuesday. I did not go to rehab Tuesday either. Wednedsay, I actually made a full day of rehab and no other appointments, except for the nurse that comes to give me one of my anti-rejection iv's but she comes later in the afternoon. I finally got to relax a little. Thursday was another rat race. It started out with an appt. at the clinic at 9:30 to get a tube stuffed up my nose to do a 24 hr recording of my stomach acid to see if I have acid reflux, yuk! It's uncomfortable and I'm thankful it is only for 24 hrs. Then we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to rehab. When I exited the car and we were walking to the building, I noticed my pants leg was wet. Well, turned out the fluid filled pocket had run out of room so it started to drain. Thank goodness it was clear liquid, but still nasty. I had called my transplant coordinator the night before about the fluid pocket and she called me back while still at the fitness center and said to go to clinic and let my doctor look at it, so off we went. I didn't get any rehab in Thursday either. One day of rehab this week will be it! If every week was as busy with appointments as this week, I would go Awol on this place. Geez! Today, Friday, I've got an ultrasound of my left arm because it is swollen still and since I've had blood clot in the past in that arm, my dr. wants to rule it out. First thing I'm doing before the ultrasound is getting this tube removed from nose! Yay! Then at 3:00pm I have to go to the hospital and have the fluid removed from around my lungs, not looking forward to that one, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Anyway, no time for rehab today either. I hope next week is a better week.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's better too. Just thinking about all your appointments made me start to twitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've had such a rough week!!!

    ReplyDelete