Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Beautiful Day!

If you read my post from Monday you read about the incident of my car getting broken into and the Gps getting stolen. This morning while getting ready to go rehab, a Det. called me from Durham Police Dept. and said they had located 4 Gps units that had been pawned. He asked me for some more information about the Gps and said he was going out to the pawn shops to gather info. from the alleged stolen Gps'. Later this afternoon while I was at the fitness center I received a call from the Det. again and he had located our Gps and wanted to know how he could get it delivered to me, since we were from out of town. That was nice because without a Gps we may have never found the police dept., lol! I told him I was at Duke's fitness center and he said he was less than ten minutes away and he would bring it to me. He was a very nice officer who shook my hand when we met and shook it again when he left. Thank You Det. B for a job well done! All I had to do was sign a piece of paper showing that I had claimed my stolen property and away he went. It was awesome that not only the Gps itself was recovered, but the windshield mount, and car charger was also with it. I asked the detective if they knew who did it and he said "oh yes, and they will be arrested". They broke my window and stole my Gps and pawned it for $25.00. The gps cost $150 and the window replacement was $240. I'm thankful we got the gps back, that saves us another 150, but to do all that damage, physically to my car, and mentally to my mind for $25 bucks? That's pitiful.
The replacement windshield came in and was installed. It looks great. Lets just hope no one else gets the bright idea to steal other people's property. If they do, they won't get anything valuable out of my car because anything of value will be inside my apt. with me or in my purse if I'm out and about.
Rehab went good today too. The weather was beautiful so it was a beautiful day. It also turned out to be a beautiful day to my mind. It's nice to have things turn out great!
Word to a thief in Durham: Better think twice cause the Durham PD will find you and the goods you stole!

No comments:

Post a Comment