Saturday, June 5, 2010

Deeper Breaths

Today has been a day of doing much of nothing. We know nothing new and won't know anything until Monday about going to Duke. It's just chillin in the hospital, what a way to spend the weekend. I know I'll get there one way or another next week. On a brighter note, my breathing is much better. I could definitely feel the improvement yesterday. The doctor's decided to put me back on IV antibiotics last week after being off a week and waa laa, I'm better already. It only took four days to notice the difference. No offense to all doctors out there, but some of the doctor's need to learn a little about Cystic Fibrosis before they try to treat someone with it. One of the doctors said I didn't need IV antibiotics because I didn't have a fever. Hello? I rarely ever have fever. When my fever is 99.00, it's high. Didn't they hear my chest rattling and see me heaving for air? Then another asked me if I felt like going home? I can't walk from my bed to the bathroom without having an O2 dropdown/panic event; I don't believe I'm ready to go home. I wonder how people survive in a hospital that doesn't tell the doctors what to do when you know they are wrong. Just because there is MD at the end of their name doesn't mean they know anything about what is wrong with you. I'm looking forward to going to another hospital. I feel like they don't want me here anymore, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl you need me to come over there and take mister doctor to the wood shed love ya the hulk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a very sad day when I realized that doctors didn't know all the answers. Sometimes ignorance is bliss when it comes to things like that.

    ReplyDelete