Friday, June 4, 2010

More Planning Still No Going

Today was more of the same. Still planning the travel arrangements. Who knew it would be so difficult to get one sick person transferred from one hospital to another. Okay, it's a little more complicated than I just made it sound. It seems that my nurse may need to fly with me because of my oxygen requirement and the breathing problems I've been having. It started out simple. Me and Philip were going to be flown to North Carolina and take a cab to the hospital. Well, the doctor at Duke said I shouldn't be transported without medical personnel on board, namely my nurse. Well, if we do that then Philip can't fly with me because the plane is a small plane that can only accomodate two other passengers. The plane was going to be delayed until Monday because of weather. Now it seems that it may be Tuesday, due to weather. Also, I'll have to be transported from the hospital to the airport by ambulance. Once I get to North Carolina, I'll have to be transported from the airport to Duke University Hospital by ambulance. Such a major ordeal. I didn't even mention the oxygen and getting accomodations for it to be included on the flight and the ambulance rides. Geez! I'm just scratching my head going I just want some lungs! Get me there!!! Ahh, I feel better now. I know it will all work out and all I have to do is breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment