Monday, June 14, 2010

Patiently Waiting

Today was uneventful except for a trip to Walgreens for some supplies, oh, and I did go the hotel's exercise room and walked on the treadmill. I made sure I was in A/C today. As far as the transplant process, when I was discharged from the hospital Friday the instructions were that the transplant coordinator would contact me with my next appointment. I waited till 9:00am today and couldn't stand it any longer so I called and left voice mails to all the numbers I knew to call. Then I sat down to surf the web, drink my coffee, and eat my powdered donuts. A little after 12:00pm I got a call back from one of the tx coordinators letting me know that the transplant team meets every Tuesday to discuss new cases and make recommendations to decide if the patient needs any further tests done before proceeding with listing for transplant. I won't know anything until after the meeting Tuesday morning. The tx coordinator will get back in contact with me and let me know what I will need to do next. It gets frustrating to just sit here and wait, but I understand this is all part of the process. I'm just ready to get on the list! Right now that is the ultimate goal. The wait list here on average is so short that once I get listed it should be less than a month before I get my call. I just keep telling myself good things come to those who wait. Practice patience and Just Breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get great news from the coordinators. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete