Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let The Testing Begin

We arrived at Duke about 7:00am this morning. Philip drove us straight through last night. We finally got away from the hospital in Jackson around 5:00pm Tuesday evening. Everything went well until we got to Oxford, AL and stopped so I could take a breathing treatment. The nice lady in the curb store set up a stool close to an outlet so I could plug in my compressor to take my medicine. I didn't realize at the time that my portable O2 tank was frozren up and I was not receiving any oxygen. When I did discover it, which didn't take long because I can feel my O2 drop, I panicked. I couldn't help myself. I ran to the bathroom gasping for air and trying to keep from wetting my pants. I know that isn't a pretty picture, but it is a reality when your body needs oxygen. I'm sitting there and Philip bursts into the bathroom, told me he was calling 911 because I was turning blue and really took care of business. He got the nice lady to call an ambulance and they came and rescued me with oxygen and an albuterol treatment. After forty five minutes and refusing to go to the local Oxford, AL hospital, we were back on the road. The medics were awesome. They did an excellent job. Philip was my hero. He remained calm, on the outside, and took care of me. I survived again. Whew! This is happening too much. I will be much more careful in the future, hopefully that won't be much longer and I won't need the O2 tanks anymore. Just another bump in my road of life on my way to get my miracle. God Is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment